A Guide to Sourcing a Cat Boarding Facility
If you and your family are planning your annual holiday in some tropical paradise, you will no doubt be concerned about the well-being of your cat, and while some cat owners think it is fine to let their pet fend for itself, there are obvious risks. For total peace of mind, you should source a nearby cat boarding facility to ensure that your cat also has an enjoyable time away from home. In order to assist you with your search for the perfect bat boarding facility, here are a few things that should be present.
- Resident Vet – There should be a vet on duty round the clock with any animal boarding facility, as one never knows when they might be needed. Some cats are stressed out when arriving in a strange environment, and finding cat boarding in Sydney that has 24-hour vet attendance is a must.
- Set Animal Routines – Cats tend to withdraw when faced with a new environment, and rather than let this happen, the cattery should have a set routine, whereby the cats get some much-needed exercise and mental stimulation. There would be set feeding times, plus a daily spell when the cats can socialise or simply play with one of the carers, as this helps to reduce stress in the animals.
- F3 Immunisation – It should be a rule that every cat has F3 immunisation to prevent the spreading on infectious diseases, so make sure that your cat has the necessary vaccinations prior to the boarding.
- Dietary Requirements – It is important that the cat boarding facility understand the diet that you feed your cat, and should you wish to use a specific type of food, the staff will be happy to use this if you provide it. The food used at the cattery would be of a very high standard, providing the cats with a balanced diet, and with fresh water in their enclosure, they have everything they need for an enjoyable stay.
- The Right Living Environment – Your cat should be housed in a clean, well-lit and ventilated quarters with a cosy bed and everything necessary for a comfortable stay. Of course, the carers adore cats, so your pet won’t be short of play companions, which is another good way to relieve stress in the animal.
- CCTV Monitoring – Aside from strict access control, the entire facility would be covered with video surveillance, which is constantly monitored day and night. If, for example, a cat is stressed out or exhibits strange behaviour, the vet would be notified immediately and the animal would be examined.
If you would like to browse the websites of all local cat boarding facilities, start with a Google search, and when you find one that you think fits the bill, arrange to have a tour of the facility, when you can observe the routines and speak to the staff. Of course, the cattery should be registered with the local authority, and their licence would be displayed prominently at the facility, and with carers who love animals, your cat will thoroughly enjoy their boarding experience.