Innovations by Can-Am That Changed the ATV Industry
Can-Am is a company that has been making ATVs since 1998. Since then they have contributed to radical innovations in the ATV industry. In comparison to its competitors such as Polaris and Honda, it has gained popularity for its ability to work in any terrain.
These Can-Am ATVs have their own innovation that differentiates them. Their vehicles can be compared in a cote a cote usagés in a range of them provided by Performance NC. Performance NC is Canada’s third-largest dealer of recreational products, accessories, and maintenance. They are a family-owned business specializing in this industry for 15 years.
Innovations brought by Can-Am
The following are some examples of the innovations that the Can-Am company has contributed to the ATV industry.
- Tri-mode Dynamic power steering: Power steering can be too much or too little when it comes to power assist. The three choices of assist by Can-Am helps riders ride in harsh conditions and difficult terrain. The three levels of minimum, medium, and maximum assist levels can help the machine adapt to any terrain.
- Air-ride suspension: The air-ride suspension gives the rider a boost in the rear suspension and additionally provides an accessory pump for any urgency in the trail that requires air. There are settings for the tautness of rear chocks which are adapted for the comfort of passengers can also be used to carry the heavy load.
- Big v-twin power: The v-twin is the heart of the Rotax engine and can be turned from the trail to take off with little modifications. A larger cylinder swap with fresh piston can take the vehicle to immense speed. The 500cc rear end was the same as the 800cc giant making the swapping easy.
- True two-up riding: Can-Am developed a safer way to ride two-up. They came up with a raised passenger seating area and longer frame which could accommodate a greater weight whilst providing greater comfort. Furthermore, they came up with an ATV where the seats could be taken off and replaced with a toolbox for solo riders.
- Race-inspired cockpit: Introduced in Can-Am’s first side-by-side brought the first race-inspired cockpit with deep seats and the tight cockpit with a raised center console. The added a push-button start and high back bolstered seating kept the rider snug for the start of the race.
The Can-Am innovations mentioned above have brought the ATV industry to where it currently stands today. These modifications have helped Can-Am secure a large market share in this industry.